Tuesday 20 March 2012

Want to take a guess?

Question of the day: Guess the total weight of what we physically have been putting on the scale the past days? So far, answers of the crew vary from 79.5 tonnes to up to 120 tonnes. Soon the answer will be revealed by our Captain...

And- we were spotted today: we had a very small propeller plane flying low coming towards us and circling a couple of times before it disappearing again. At least we know that we are not alone out there. Maybe they just enjoyed the view of some of the crew sun bathing in their lunch break? We will never know. But whe have this super duper clear picture of Musti to proof it :-) There are still a few more days to get practise though...






Name: Elmer Eullaran
Position: Bartender

How long have you been working for Hurtigruten?
7 years. Since 2005, first ship was MV Nordnorge.
How many times have you crossed the equator with a Hurtigruten ship?
14 times.
What do you like best about equator crossings?
What I like best about equator crossing is the baptism ceremony given to first timers! I was once baptized, but now I always play as a barbar!
What are your jobs during the crossing? Is it a big difference to the normal routine?During crossing, I do general cleaning.
Is there something you always bring with you on board?
Aside from all the foods and goodies that I bring with me when joining, I also have my holy rosary with me I am keeping for 12 years now. I have it with me every time I travel.


And now a picture of Elmer in all his glory: